Please see the important dates for the Furlough Scheme. Immediate action may be necessary if you are still considering furloughing any employees.
- 10 June 2020 Last date you can furlough a previously unfurloughed employee, so they qualify for the minimum 3 weeks of furlough before the scheme closes.
- 30 June 2020 Furlough scheme closed to new entrants
- 1 July 2020 Employee’s furloughed can be bought back to work part time, flexible furloughing. This will only apply to employees already furloughed and on the scheme, so those employees furloughed by 10 June.
- 31 July 2020 All claims under the existing scheme must be made by this date. See note 1 below.
- 1 Aug 2020 New Furlough scheme commences. See note 2.
- 1 Aug 2020 1-31 August, HMRC will reimburse the lower of 80% of wages or £2,500 per month but employers will not be able to reclaim employer NICs and minimum pension contributions.
- 1 Sept 2020 1 – 30 Sept, HMRC will pay 70% of wages up to a cap of £2,187.50 per month with employers being required to pay 10% of wages to make up 80% total up to a cap of £2,500. Employers will not be able to reclaim employer’s NICs and minimum pension contributions.
- 1 Oct 2020 1-31 Oct, HMRC will pay 60% of wages up to a cap of £1,875 per month with employers being required to pay 20% of wages to make up 80% total up to a cap of £2,500. Employers will not be able to reclaim employer’s NICs and minimum pension contributions.
- 31 Oct 2020 Furlough scheme closes.
1. HMRC says that 40% of employers have not claimed for employer’s NI and 3% pension contributions. The NI might be because the employer gets Employment Allowance for that employee but if you are an employer who is entitled to claim for these two and have not, then do so by 31 July 2020.
2. The number of employees an employer can claim for in any claim period cannot exceed the maximum number they have claimed for under any previous claim under the current CJRS.
3. Detailed guidance regarding the new CJRS is expected on 12 June, after the 10 June cut-off date.
If you need any assistance or would like Cube to review your furlough claims, please contact Jon Agness, firstname.lastname@example.org
We pride ourselves on our client relationships, and the quality of our work and advice. We aim to deliver all our services in a friendly, efficient and productive manner. Our client base consists mainly of owner managed businesses, landed estates, private clients and other professionals.